Wednesday 1 January 2020

Gifted Gorgeousness - December Edition

Hello my lovelies, and Happy New Year! Here on my blog, we are not totally ready for the new year yet, there are still a couple of posts missing that I fully intend to catch up on soon...I think the lesson for me this last year has been to accept that I can't do everything at once and sometimes, that's okay. Work has been crazy up to Christmas (and actually even after...I just submitted my latest research paper this Tuesday), so I haven't had any time to actually get into a festive mood, do any decorating or baking or whatever, but that's okay, too - I didn't feel a lot like Christmas anyway and I can always do some baking during the year too. I'm still not quite back to myself emotionally, but I'll get there, and I'll get caught up with everything around here too - someday :) For now, let me share all the gifted gorgeousness that has been happening before and on Christmas, because that's something I actually found time for!

Perhaps most importantly, I finished Lettuce be Friends for my grandma well in time, and Felix framed it for me. We gave it to her on Christmas and she loved it! We're actually going to pick a place for these guys tomorrow.


I also managed to finish two more pairs of the Dragon Scale wristwarmers. One pair using the last of the red yarn I bought the year before, the other some leftover blue alpaca yarn from a hat I made some time ago, sparkled up with some gold. One pair I already gave to a friend, the other pair will follow soon (being sent to another friend):


A couple friends were doing a Secret Santa ornament exchange...sadly, a few of us (including myself) got very caught up with life and haven't been able to send anything out yet. However, I actually did manage to finish and finish finish mine, a cute little freebie from Dragon Dreams (using a finishing tutorial from Rachel, but I'll talk about that more in the January FFG).






And last but not least, I got some crafty grub myself for Christmas! Two awesome crochet books from Felix' grandma, two cute crochet kits from mine, and this amazing Little River Blanket kit from Felix. I had to start it right away and it's about 1/4 done already, so much fun!


6 comments:

Rachel said...

Congratulations on getting Lettuce Be Friends ready in time for Christmas. It looks amazing, as does your little Dragon Dreams ornie. How on earth you manage to fit in knitting and crocheting as well is beyond me! :)

Bethan said...

Yay to getting your grandma’s gift finished in time! I love your little dinosaur piece - it totally sums up how we feel at the start of the holidays x

Susan said...

Where to start? Congratulations on finishing your research paper - know that was a huge relief. Your guinea pig picture is too cute and very nice job on the framing. Those wristlets are too cute and a great way to use your leftover yarn (mine just sits in a bag making me feel guilty). I really like your ornament finish - I haven't seen them done with the ribbon and really like it.

Pamela said...

Lettuce Be Friends is so sweet!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG in December and throughout the year too,
The guinea pigs are adorable, the gloves are awesome and the little dragon very familiar! Ariadne sent me that one last year. He's got pride of place on my Ornie tree this year.

Astrids dragon said...

No surprise your Grandma loved it, it's adorable.
Dragon scale wristwarmers AND a dragon ornament... I love them all!
Nice colours in your new blanket so far.