I have two for your to chose from! For my next rotation, I got botanical. I started by stitching up a Hyacinth - my friend Ashley has designed a series of flower patterns based on the Animal Crossing series, and I won one of them in a contest on deviantArt. She was unsure about the contrast in some of the colours, so I promised to stitch the red one up for her, and I did. Isn't it pretty?
Isn't it pretty? I took the picture in naturel light (hence the shadow) to show how well the contrast actually showed up. This one will be going to Clare who is collecting flower for a Christmas tree bouquet sometime soon.
Stitching up this little flower only took me five hours (almost exactly), so I used the remaining time to work on WIP I had only made a tiny start on (back in May, I think). It's a kit from a Ukrainian manefacturer I found on amazon, but I have since discovered that they have a whole website full of stuff and it's all amazing! The one I got is a little cactus, and I am about halfway done with stitching it:
The kit came with a colour pattern (blurred because copyright and stuff), lots of little baggies with beads, and a wooden template to stitch on - yes, wooden! The quality - who precise the wood is cut out, and all of the holes are placed - is super impressive. And just look at that little wooden bobbin the thread came on! So cute and fun.
The finishing supplies are equaly impressive, and I hope to be able to show those to you next time - another 5 hours or so should see this one finished I think :)