Tuesday 14 January 2020

The People's Choice SAL: Lizzie*Kate

I am very happy to report that Jo is continuing to host the monthly "The People Chose" SAL. I just realized I missed the December checkin amonst all the craziness of life, but I'm back for January and the theme of the month is Lizzie*Kate!

I haven't stitched a lot of L*K's designs so far, but there are a few that I really like. I feel like I am drawn more towards her bigger, text-heavy designs and not so much the smaller 'snippet' ones.

In fact, I finished two of her designs and have one WIP. I finished 'A perfectly kept house' as a house warming gift for two friends of mine, and a purple conversion of 'Promise me' for my best friend:



My WIP is actually the oldest one of the three - The Things Unseen Mystery SAL. I think it was released in 2014 and Felix' actually bought the full kit for me and I got the parts as they were published. I really need to get working on it...here's the most current picture I could find:


I have a couple more of her patterns I want to stitch, especially the "Less...More" and the 3 Little Words series.

5 comments:

diamondc said...

Leonore: The fully finished piece is lovely, the Promise Me is so sweet, I have only done a couple of Lizzie Kates in the past, I do have some designs in my stash maybe its time to get them out.
Have a wonderful week.

Catherine

Rachel said...

These wordy type LK charts are so much more meaningful than those with just a picture, especially when looking for a sentimental gift. You've stitched some lovely ones and maybe, one day, you'll have time to stitch the others you like. :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month, and in a very timely fashion too!

You have chosen some of her larger designs which is nice to see too.

Bethan said...

I think I'm like you and prefer her wordier designs - they would definitely be what I would buy if I ever came across a pattern! x

Astrids dragon said...

Some lovely finishes, and the wips you have will look great when you finish them!