Last year, Rachel started a new SAL to motivate us and fully finish any thing we finished stitching, and a couple items from that pesky box of shame, as well! I didn't quite make all the checkins last year, but posted about fully finished 14 items. This year, I'm aiming to check in every month, with a minimum of two finishes per post (probably one current, one older on many occasions).
Now, checkin was on the 10th, and I haven't yet finished anything new this year...I do have two December finishes that were after the last FFG, though, so let me show you them again and talk about them in a little more detail, too!
The first one, I can only take partial credit for...I stitched Lettuce be Friends, of course, I washed and ironed it and picked out the frame, but I usually leave the actual framing to my husband. I don't have the patience to do it right...and I say that with a straight face after spending about 60 hours on the stitching!
By sheer luck the frame of this matches the small guinea pigs I stitched for my grandma a couple of years ago, so that's a nice bonus!
The other one I did all by myself, and tried a new finishing method out as well! Rachel posted a tutorial in December on how to make her trademark backed-ornaments, and I just had to give it a try. I had to improvise at some points - I didn't have any wadding so I tried padding the ornament with a bit of regular stuffing material instead, which is not a lot of fun, let me tell you! - but I did get some of that narrow double sided tape and it was a game changer! I think I'll be buying lot's more of that in the future. I really enjoyed using the ribbon too, so I might keep my eyes open for when I can pick some pretty ones up.
The finished 'product' is a little bigger than I usually like my ornaments to be, but so pretty! It's a great way to showcase pretty fabrics and small pieces of stitching.