Friday 3 January 2020

December WIPocalypse

I think this is my last 2019 post to catch up on - yay! And December WIPocalypse is meant to recap all your accomplishments of the year, and since a lot of crafting happens in those few precious days after Christmas, I usually don't get it up before the new year anyways :)

So, recapping...alltogether, 2019 was a crappy year for my life, but not too bad for my crafting. I didn't reach all of my goals, but I made a lot of progress and I even tried out a few new things over the year. Hopefully, this trend will continue into 2020 - I have a few very loose, but very exciting plans picked out and can't wait to share them in the new WIPocalypse intro (hopefully up this weekend!).

So, for more tangible goals...I was doing three monthly SALs this year. In November, I fell behind on all of them, but I'm happy to report that I finished both the Mamluk and the Blackwork SAL before the year was over! Temperature SAL will follow soon. Now begins the process of deciding what to make off them...







Now my big goal of getting down to 30 WIPs...I failed spectacularly on that, but at least I never went over 50 either. Actually, I finished the year as I started it - I had a couple of new starts that brought me back up to 49 WIPs. Try again this year, I guess!

Two of these starts where thanks to my best friend, who scored some amazing yarn at a discount store (Action, for my European friends) for me, and I just had to start a shawl with this lovely green-gray-sparkly-fluffy stuff. I used one cake completely and before I started the second one, made a headband too (which still needs sewing together). I hope to work on it some more soon!


6 comments:

Pamela said...

Staying under 50 is an accomplishment! The shawl is gorgeous and well done on the stitching! Happy new Year!

Rachel said...

Keeping up with SALs is good, and they are both very pretty, as is the shawl. Shame you didn't get your WIPs down as you wanted to but, like you said, there's always this year to achieve that. :)

Bethan said...

That yarn is such a gorgeous colour. Good luck with your 2020 projects, and here's to a better year for you in general. Happy New Year x

diamondc said...

Leonore: That shawl is positively beautiful.
I hope 2020 is a better year for you.

Hugs
Catherine

Susan said...

Your shawl is beautiful!

Congratulations on finishing your SALs. I love the look of blackwork but dislike backstitching so much that I have never done much of it. I know it's not technically all backstitch, but I've never taken the time to figure them all out.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Let's hope that 2020 is a much better year on the personal front. And just as good on the crafting side.
Love that shawl, beautiful colours.