Sorry for being a little quiet - I've done a lot of crafting, just flitting around from project to project and nothing is quite ready to show. Also dealing with some health issues, so not quite ready to interact with people a lot right now. Don't worry, I'm okay, just might be more quiet for a little while.
I did, however, get my WIPocalypse stitching ready early this month (we spent a couple days at my inlaws, and TLOA was the only project I brought, just to make sure I could get caught up), so here we go! First, there is the question of the month: What was the first project you ever stitched? (whether you finished or not). Sadly, I don't have a picture of my first project, but I remember it quite well - it was a breadcloth, printed with some (I think floral?) pattern, and it had a light-pink edge so I picked up a matching perle thread and stitched it. I gave it to my dad, I'll have to ask him if he still has it, but this was about 25 years ago!
Now for more recent stitching...my WIPocalypse project is still The Loneliness of Autumn, which I am SALing on with Rachel. Here update for the month isn't online yet, or I'd link to it here.
Last month, I was here, halfway through 814, my 5th colour:
I had about 1.7k stitched left to go, and they were so spread out that surprisingly, it took me the better part of the month to get them done!
That left me with just 6 days to start my 6th colour - 336. Normally I'd still call that a dark blue, but it's much lighter than the 939 that is already in there, and it's standing out a lot more than I expected! Maybe not on the big picture yet, because, still, just 6 days, but I imagine it'll show up much better in next month's picture.
This colour is much less spread around than the last two, but I still don't think I'll be able to finish the remaining 2,560 stitches in June. I might get close, though, so July should introduce a new colour for sure!
The new totals are: 40,074/118,800 stitches done (so I passed 40k, kind of exciting!) and that equals 33.73%.
In terms of WIPocalypse, June will be another one-a-day month, and I'll be pulling out The Puppeteer for that to make some serious progress on the black. I worked on it a couple of times this month to finish the lower left corner (again, kind of exciting!):
Total numbers here are 53,123/112,000 stitches (or 47.43%) done and 8,828 stitches of black left to go. Here's hoping I'll make a good dent into that!