Monday 6 January 2020

Lady Justice, or the first ten hours

I am happy to announce that, at least for now, I am super happy with my new rotation plans, and super motivated too! Thankfully, I also had a lot of extra stitching time on my hands this past week, and so I can already show you the result of my first ten hour 'slot'. I started working on Lady Justice as she needs to be finished in just under four months' time (she's a birthday present for my mom, who's a judge). Even though I had spent about 25 hours on her so far, I never really focused on her (I just picked her up for an hour or two here and there during 2019) so I didn't really have a feeling for how long she's going to take me. Now after spending my first ten hours with her this year, I am happy to report that while there is a lot of stitching to do, I'm making good progress, and I'm reasonably sure I can do it, if I keep focusing!

So, as a reminder, here she was when I last put her away - as you can see, I was stitching away at her skirts kind of awkwardly, doing a little here and there, up and done, trying to get the edges in, but leaving some strange gaps in between (and I don't mean the circles that will be beaded later):





So I spent some time filling gaps, finishing these weird, half finished rows, and slowly filling the skirt in from the bottom up. I think it looks much nicer now with about 2000 extra stitches!



I'm really enjoying stitching on her, so much that I had a hard time putting her down. In fact, I think I'll just take a moment to sew my headband together and continue with another ten hours to make use of this momentum!

6 comments:

diamondc said...

Leonore: She will be lovely, I am looking forward to seeing her finish.

Catherine

Pamela said...

This looks great! You really accomplished a lot in 10 hours. I can see why you want to keep working on it. Your mother will love it.

Clare-Aimetu said...

You can see how much you've done, great work

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work, this rotation obviously suits you. Interesting to learn that your Mum is a judge. A friend of mine used to be a Magistrate and she was always trying to get me to sign up too. If only I had time LOL

Rachel said...

It's surprising how much you can get done when you set your mind on something, and with a very good reason for working on this, she'll be done in no time! :)

Bethan said...

Wow! It’s amazing how much progress there is in 10 hours! I’m enjoying the swishy effect of the skirt so far x