I can't believe it's been almost a year ago now that I pledged to do more finish-finishing by joining Rachels Fully Finished Gallery SAL. I think I managed to finish *something* every month since, although some were were quick finishes, and I didn't experiment nearly as much as I would have liked to. The SAL will continue into next year, so I will try to do better and continue to improve my finishing!
This month, I went for a finishing style I've used lots of times already, but first I want to show you what happend to my coaster from last month: As per Catherine's suggestion, I found a little frame (that luckily has the exact same measurements as the coaster) and put it in there. Now I can just use the framed piece as a coaster, which works splendidly! It's not quite what I imagined, but I'm happy with it.
Now for a new finish-finish this month, I put together the Autumn Mystery SAL as a biscornu. I've done this a few times before, using whip stitch and two different kinds of beads for the edge and center:
I actually have some more finishing plans this month, but you'll get to see whether those worked out in my January update!