Tuesday 17 May 2022

May Gifted Gorgeousness

Welcome to the May instance of my favourite SAL, Jo's Gifted Gorgeousness for all things gifted and to be gifted! I still haven't managed to make any progress on the little fox ragdoll I am making as a gift, but I think I worked out a new rotation that will finally get me some more time on my gift projects. What I did work on this month, again, was the Snuggle Up blanket CAL which I started in March. Since the last time, I have finished Part 3 (of 12) and size wise, we are getting into baby blanket territory now:

(Yes, I know, I really need to fix the couch, it's getting worse). We are now into the last colours of this cake, so I might have to start the second one already on part 4. Part 3 didn't look that great on paper and in pictures, but was a lot of fun to actually crochet! Here is a close up so you can properly see:

 Aren't these shells just lovely? The next pattern has little stars, I'm looking forward to it very much!

9 comments:

Pamela said...

The shells are gorgeous! I love the colors.

diamondc said...

Leonore, the color yarn is lovely, very pretty.

Catherine

Sandy said...

Very pretty. Love the soft colors and all the texture you have due to the nice variety in crocheted stitches.I'm new to The Gift Linky and having fun seeing so many wonderful projects. Best of luck as you continue.

Sandy said...

As I can't read German, I'm not sure what it's telling me. I left a message, but don't see it. So, not sure what happened

Carol said...

Your blanket is looking so lovely, Leonore! The colors are beautiful and I know the parents will certainly appreciate your handmade blanket!

DJ said...

What a lovely blanket you are making! The different designs look wonderful! I have only learned basic stitches so this looks totally intimidating to me, but this makes me want to try this!

RONI said...

Oh I like your blanket, is it an online CAL? I'm keen to get back to some crochet

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The blanket is looking wonderful.

Rachel said...

This is gorgeous, and the colours are so pretty. Is the cake of wool specifically dyed for this project so that the colour changes look even? :)