Wednesday 11 May 2022

May Fully Finished Gallery

This month for Fully Finished Gallery, I have just one finish (not that that's news), but one I have been planning for a long time! In fact, I had this plan from the moment I finished the stitching, but spent a long time gathering the right supplies and then I was a little reluctant to actually start because I wasn't sure it'd work the way I planned. Well, it did! Meet the Metallic Geostar:

It looks a little out of center, but this one was a really tight fit on the fabric - less than two inches on two sides - so I didn't have a lot of wriggle room. It also doesn't look that bad once it's up on the wall! And I managed to make the back really nice and tidy:

When I stitched this all in metallics, I knew the hoop would need to be equally shiny, so I wrapped it in silver ribbon. I had the ribbon for ages, but finding a hoop just the right size (remember, tight fit) was a bit of an issue. Now I have a couple of extra hoops in wrong sizes, but I'm sure I'll find a use for them. I attached double sided tape to the inside and outside of the hoop, then wrapped away!

I am happy with this finish and might do something similar again sometime.



6 comments:

Pamela said...

Very nice - both the stitching and the finishing!

diamondc said...

Leonore: It is lovely and a perfect frame.

Catherine

Carol said...

What a great idea to wrap the hoop in shiny silver ribbon, Leonore--it really adds to the final finish. That is a good tip to apply double sided tape to the inside and outside edges, too. Great finish! Hope your May is going well ♥

Toki said...

Hello Leonore.
Wrap a ribbon around the hoop. What a nice idea.😆
Perfect stitched and back. It's a wonderful work.✨

Suzanne H said...

This is a gorgeous finish! The shiny ribbon on the hoop is the perfect addition to your lovely stitching.

Rachel said...

Thank you for joining the May FFG SAL. I totally admire your hoop finish and the patience required to get it central and neat. You've certainly done a good job there. I'm not sure I'd have the patience - that and I'm always mean with excess fabric so wold never have enough! :)