Tuesday 24 May 2022

2019 NYE SAL - 30 Hours

Earlier this month, I made an attempt to finally finish the 2019/2020 NYE Mystery SAL I started...well, I started on NYE 2019! It was released as a mystery, 32 parts with one part being released every 4 hours. Naturally, I fell of the wagon somewhere around the middle, and I've been trying to finish this ever since, doing a couple parts here and there.

I had worked on this for about 18 hours up to this point:

I had five or six parts left to do on the front until it was finished:

22h in at that point and all the back left to stitch up! But, as I was telling myself, all the starting and stopping threads on the front had taken up a lot of times. I was going to stitch the back all in one go, so that should go much quicker! Well, it did go quicker, but it was still another 2,4k stitches, so not quite as quick as I hoped. As the end of 30 hours (which means I worked on it for about twelve this month) the back was here:

Yes, it does look close to a finish, but that's still 1.1k stitches left to go (there are SO many stitches in that border), plus the finishing. So I won't push through right now, but return to it after a bit of a break, to hopefully finally finish it then!


4 comments:

Pamela said...

Looks great! I didn’t do the back because I got tired of if. Good for you!

Clare-Aimetu said...

It's a lovely stitch, good luck with your last few stitches.

Carol said...

Glad you've picked up this pretty older WIP, Leonore! Of course, I love the blues :) I'm sure it will be a while before it's all done, but it will be a beauty ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Such a pretty design and you HAVE to finish it this year now you have dated it!