Saturday 2 April 2022

March WIPocalypse

And just like that, a quarter of the year is already gone! My sense of time is still totally of, but I guess I'll just have to believe what my calendar tells me. It's been a weird year so far, but there's still nine months left to turn it into a good one. Of course, a month being over also means it's time for my WIPocalypse checkin, so let's get to that! The question of the month is Tell us about a technique, designer, pattern, or anything else in stitching that you’ve been nervous or afraid to try. I think my answer on this has been the same for the last couple years, and maybe this will be the year I conquer my fear, but I also say this every year - Hardanger! I really want to try it, it looks so pretty, but I'm also terrified by the idea of cutting into my fabric.

So March for WIPocalypse was a focus month, and we were to pick a project to work on every day. I picked my The Loneliness of Autumn, which I am SALing on with Rachel. I've been falling a little behind lately - I'm supposed to stitch one length of thread every day, but I fell off the wagon sometime in January. For March, I decided to not try and catch up, but just stitch my one length every day, and I managed to do just that! I even doubled up on a couple of days, effectively catching up five days or so, but that's just a bonus. In total, I managed 2079 stitches over the course of March, and finished the DMC 869 which had been dragging me down so much...only to be replaced by 1966 stitches of DMC 400, which sadly doesn't look all that different! Of those, I still have 1439 stitches to go, which should be doable over the course of April. Current total: 57,592/118,800 stitches or 48.48% done.

 

I had actually picked a second focus project for April, and that was The Puppeteer by UXS. I'm doing just the black on this for now, extreme cross country style, and I managed one length per day for a total of 1718 stitches. New total here is 58,522/112,000 stitches or 52.25% (and yes, that is all black!) with 3429 stitches of black left to go. I can do that this year! June and July are the next focus months, so you should see it again no later than that.



3 comments:

Pamela said...

Great progress on both, but I really like the autumn piece!

diamondc said...

Leonore: Great progress on both designs, Autumn is really a beautiful design.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Its funny how those brown shades have made Autumn look rather dark now, despite all the red and yellow!
Fantastic dedication to the one length a day method too, it really does pay off.