Sunday 24 April 2022

Bellatrix - 20 Hours

Earlier this month, I picked Bella back up for another ten hours. Last time I left her (back in January, when she was my New Year's start, I had only worked on her dress so far, so she was here:

As you might remember (or at least will remember now that you see the lovely greens!) I am stitching her in a colour conversion - redhead with green dress instead of the original black hair and purple dress. So it was only natural I wanted to see some more of those lovely new colours, and this rotation, I started -and finished her hair. Love the subtle shading there!

I know she looks a little ghastly without her face in place, but by the time the hair was done there wasn't enough time to finish it, and half-stitched face would look even weirder, so I decided to make a start on the background instead (there's plenty of that to get bored with, anyways). I still really like where this is going and hope I'll get to work on her some more throughout the year!


5 comments:

Toki said...

Hello Leonore.😊
Are you arranging your favorite colors?

Pamela said...

Very pretty! Great color choices.

diamondc said...

Leonore: This is going to be lovely; the green dress looks like it will be evry elegant.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those greens are fabulous! I love how you can see how much bling there will be by the gaps left in the stitching.
Gorgeous hair too. I considered a green and auburn conversion for my Virgo by Nora Corbett and the colours didn't look right on my fabric.

Carol said...

She is looking lovely, Leonore! You can't beat a green dress when you have red hair :) My middle son's girlfriend died her hair red not too long ago and wore a green dress to my nephew's wedding in September--smashing! I look forward to watching her grow :)