Saturday 16 April 2022

April Fully Finished Gallery

Another month of fully finishing our work...and another month that I have just one small finish to show (and it's not even one from the box of shame, but one explicitly stitched for this SAL and the Easter Blog Hop). I am, of course, talking about my Ukrainian-style Easter egg. Here it is before assembly:

The pattern is by NevaSirenda. She has Ukrainian roots and has been releasing these eggs for the last ten years or so, one pattern per year. I'd been meaning to stitch them for years, and this year it felt fitting. So I started with the 2021 pattern (you can find it here and click through to the others, the 2022 was just released and is so pretty!)

As you can see, I fitted the outline to the egg shape and then whip stitched it shut with the cord you can see on the right. It wasn't all that easy to follow the shape of the egg and I'm trying to think how to finish the others in a better way while still making them look like a set (I'll probably go with the egg shape for the bigger ones and put the smaller ones in a square or something).



5 comments:

Pamela said...

Your Ukrainian egg is gorgeous! Well done.

Suzanne H said...

Gorgeous! It is a perfect time to stitch a Ukrainian piece. I hope to see the others you have. I'm sure each is beautiful.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's a gorgeous little egg! I am going to Hop over and look at them all now.

Carol said...

Your Ukrainian egg is so pretty, Leonore. Thank you for the link--I enjoyed looking through the site and seeing all of her egg creations. I have always admired the colorful intricacy of these eggs! Hope you have a great week ahead ♥

Rachel said...

Thank you for contributing to April's FFG SAL. I love the egg and, you're right, it's definitely very fitting for this year. Looking forward to seeing the others... at some point! :)