Monday 11 April 2022

The People Chose: Series of Designs

This month in Jo's wonderful all-purpose SAL, the topic is Series of Designs - ahh, series. They are both a blessing and a curse, don't you think? So many of them are so pretty, but of course if you start, say, a monthly series, you can't just do one of them, you need the whole set! At least I can't stop at just one. I do like more open series though, like holidays or just different animals...I still have that urge to stitch all of them, but if noone can tell it's an incomplete series, it's not quite as bad, haha :D 

Sadly, I have quite a few unfinished series going on, myself. There are my ornaments of the month, of course, which I started when they were released in 2015(!):

I added one or two since I took this line up, but there are still a couple missing (there is more than one ornament for some months).

There is this cute seasonal series by Durene Jones and as you can see there is only one more missing! So hopefully, this one will be finished this year.

And then there are the Little Sheep Values I started last year. These are fun because they were technically a monthly series (themed through the seasons too) but they don't have the names of the months on them or anything, so you could also just stitch a couple of them! I do have all the charts and buttons though, and hope to add to the collection soon:

So many more fun series out there that I can't wait to start, but can't stitch everything all at once, sadly!


7 comments:

diamondc said...

Leonore: I love seeing a series of ornaments and any other series in stitching.
Thank-you for sharing.

Catherine

Pamela said...

The ornaments are gorgeous. You are right we can’t stitch everything at once and there are so many appealing series.

Claudette497 said...

Those are all very cute - I love how the ornaments look all together!

Carol said...

I'm way behind on my blog reading as we were in Florida for ten days! Looks like all of your projects are growing nicely, Leonore. I am with you on series... they are nice, but I rarely stitch all of them. Love your series of ornaments--and they show up so well photographed on the black. Hope you are having a lovely month of April. We're still very cool here--quite a shock after returning from sunny hot Florida! Take care now--and Happy Easter ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I do like your Monthly Ornaments all in a row like that.
One thing about a seasonal series, you only display one at a time so no-one else will know you've only done three!

diamondc said...

Leonore: Your Sheep series is adorable, like all your stitching.

Catherine

Rachel said...

I remember those monthly birthstone ornies and the way you finished them off! I wish, in a way, you hadn't shown them because now I want to stitch them... :)