Friday 28 January 2022

The December (and November!) SALs

Another update that is long overdue...but actually has been stitched for a while! In fact, I took so long getting the update on the Temperature SAL up in December, I decided to skip that month all together and just show you all my progress in January and...now that month is almost over too. Whelp. In any case, here it is, all finished - now I just need to find a frame that fits!

I have not started a new Temperature SAL for 2022 yet and I'm unsure if I will. There are a couple I like but I'm just not 'feeling' it right now. I think I'll still jot down daily temperatures, just in case I wanna get caught up later!

I do have a new SAL to show, though, and that is the Magical Kingdom SAL by Cunning CrossStitch that was running all through 2021. I had been waiting to see how it turned out but when I saw the final release in December, I knew I wanted to do it, and as luck would have it, I had the perfect fabric on hand - the 16ct Candy Floss aida I won from Rachel a while ago! It's such pretty, soft colours (although the don't photograph well, the fabric always looks pretty 'white' in pictures), and just the right size. 

So in December, I stitched up the January part, and I'm aiming to just stay 11 months behind on this one:

I know lots of people added more backstitch to the design, but I might actually end up leaving some off (for example, I haven't added Ariel's mouth yet). I kind of like the 'blurry' look of it! We'll see how I feel as I continue with this.


7 comments:

Pamela said...

Great stitching!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great finish on your temperature SAL, your new SAL looks interesting, it will be nice to watch it grow

Carol said...

I can tell that's Ariel even without the backstitching--very cute project, Leonore! Enjoy your weekend ♥

Astrids dragon said...

Your Temp SAL looks great, I have yet to start one.
Ariel looks good, that's a fun SAL too. I think I'd be tempted to backstitch it.

Tiffstitch said...

Great finish on the temperature SAL! I hadn't stitched one yet and signed up for 2 this year, although I haven't done a single stitch on either yet. I am noting the temps down though. Nice start on the Disney one. I still can't decide if I want to stitch it.

Rachel said...

Haha! I like the fact you're 'just' 11 months behind on your new SAL but, to be fair, waiting to ensure you're going to like it before starting it is a good idea.
I pondered with the idea of a temperature SAL this year and but feel I'd then have to commit to one every year. I'll miss you not doing one though! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your Temperature SAL looks great all finished. I decided not to do one every year as I would feel the pressure! If I do another one I like the look of the bookcase design.