Monday 17 January 2022

January Fully Finished Gallery

Rachel has been running this wonderful SAL for three years now. I think in this time, I have managed to finish-finish something every month, although I might not have managed to link up on time as somehow I am terrible at having something ready by the 10th each month! I did manage to link up every month last year, and plan to do the same in 2022...only I almost blew it already this month! And I had such great plans, really.

First, I planned to do a hoop finish on something from my box of shame. I got the project and hoop out...only to discover it was to small and cut off the corners of the design. And the other one I had was too big (which wouldn't be that much of an issue usually, but there is not a lot of a margin on the fabric, so it just doesn't work either!)

Then I asked Felix to frame something I finished in December. It's a gift, so I can't fully show it yet, but Rachel said it'd be okay to do a 'mystery finish' with just bits and pieces of the design and frame showing. Felix finally had time to do some framing today, I got everything ready, just to realize...that a stretching a dark navy fabric over a white foam board isn't the best of ideas, as the white is showing through everywhere <_< 

So I ended up digging deeper into my box of shame...there's not a lot in there anymore that can be finished on short notice; some projects are waiting to be finished as a set, and most anything else needs extensive sewing to get where I want it. But I did find one more project that just needed framing, and already had a frame picked out and put aside since a couple of months ago...my 2020 Temperature SAL. So this odyssey did have a good ending after all, and I'm happy to have this one framed and ready to go up on a wall!



6 comments:

Pamela said...

This is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hello Leonore.😊
Congratulations on the completion of the temperature Sal.🙌 it's even nice in the frame. Is Felix a craftsman?
You have a lot of projects and you look busy. But the work is very delicate and wonderful.
Good luck with you dissertation.🙋

Rachel said...

Thanks for joining in, even if it was a bit of a desperate scramble! Good job you already had the frame to hand for the Temperature SAL, and a Felix on standby; it looks great! :)

Carol said...

Yay for another fully finished project! It looks great... Sure wish I could say I only had a few unfinished finishes ;-)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your Temperature SAL looks beautiful all framed up.

Tiffstitch said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds like an adventure getting things sorted. Beautiful FFO!