Saturday 15 January 2022

December WIPocalypse

 So - with impressive delay - let's wrap up the 2021 WIPocalypse SAL! The checkin page has since come down (since Measi's blog took a bit of a tumble), but I remember the question of the month well because it's the same every year - Recap your accomplishments for the year! (Your finishes, your final before/after photos, etc)!

And boy, there was a LOT. Some thing from the beginning of 2021 seem so far away I'm almost sure it must have been another year, but it wasn't. I had a number of decent size finishes - fully finished the Zoe Box, then stitched up House Rules and Age is Irrelephant:



 

And THEN I picked up Fans of the Far East, which has been a WIP for 5 years, and put in over 100 hours to get it to really-close-to-finished! I also finished a number of older WIPs, some of them had been neglected for ages, and picked up my oldest WIP, even though that one is not finished yet. I did a ton of crochet, and even picked up and finished the oldest crochet WIP I could find! 

On popular demand (well, Rachel asked me about them, and I liked the idea) I'm bringing back my stats and pie charts. I might have to do them monthly again, though, because the yearly projects chart has become almost unreadably fragmented! I think you might have to click on it to be able to read the titles.


As you can see, my single-most time consuming project was, once again, The Loneliness of Autumn, which I am SALing with Rachel at the speed of one length a day. At the beginning of the year I had just stared my first 'real' colour, at 24.38%/28,968 done.

Since then I added a couple more colours...end of 2021 I was at 54.599/45.95% done, close to finishing 154, my 11th colour:

460 stitches left to finish this colour, the next colour is 3826, another let brown/mustard-y type of colour. I haven't looked far ahead, but hope there will be some nice and bright colours showing up this year!

5 comments:

Pamela said...

You have worked on and finished some great projects this year! Well done!

Rachel said...

Wow, that is a very impressive l-o-n-g list of projects worked on during the year, and also an impressive amount of time! It's obvious which two have been your focus and the difference is clear to see.
I'm really hoping you'll get to brighter colours on TLOA this year - there can't be many more darker colours left for you to stitch! :)

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great work in 2021, I'm impressed with your stats. Your Zoe Box is beautiful and I really like your German house rules. The Loneliness of Autumn is looking good.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great Round up for the year. I do love the Zoe Box.
Your pies are nice too, maybe doing separate ones for stitching and other crafts would work better? You definitely did well on your two focus projects.

Tiffstitch said...

Wow! A very successful year of crafting once again. It is such an odd phenomenon how these last couple years have almost felt longer than a year, but also seem to fly by at the same time. I love that box, what an amazing accomplishment! And you must be hitting some brighter colours on LoA soon.