Saturday 5 February 2022

The January SALs

Hah, bet you didn't expect THIS to be my next post! But after being super late in January, I'm pretty early in February to make up for it. And then some...you'll see.

So in December, I made a start on the 2021 Magical Kingdom SAL by Cunning Cross Stitch. I took the last days of January to stitch up the second part - can you see little Alice at her tiny tea party?

And then, I did some thinking after my last post...and decided I wanted to do a temperature project this year, after all! There is that super pretty Temperature Tree by Stitchin' Mommy on Etsy - I've actually been meaning to do this one since 2020, but my friend Magical released her own versions of temperature samplers in 2020 and 2021, so I stitched those instead, knowing the tree would always be there once I got around to it. So this is the year! I spent two days working on the tree itself, then filled in the January leaves today.

Isn't it pretty?! I LOVE the colours! January temperature were so weird I already got to use half of my total temperature range, which is fine by me. I have a little bit of trunk and root left to do, so I hope to get that done for February, along with the next branch itself.



7 comments:

Pamela said...

What a unique temperature project!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Magical Kingdom is certainly growing. Have fun with your temperature tree

Rachel said...

You have two great SALs for this year! I take it the tree starts on the left and works clockwise to finish on the bottom right? Good luck keeping up-to-date with them! :)

Carol said...

What a fun piece this must be to stitch, Leonore. I just googled the SAL to see what the finished design looks like--very clever!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work on the Fairytale SAL, I've seen this one completed and the Peter Pan element is my favourite part.
I like the Temperature Tree you've chosen too.

Anonymous said...

Hello,Leonore.🙋
Alice’s little tea party.
Very beautiful.

I learned again that there are many types of temperature projects. I was surpried.😵

The tree project you choose is unique and cute.💝
I’m looking forward to it.

diamondc said...

Leonore: I love the temperature tree, what a fun idea.

Catherine