Wednesday 26 January 2022

January Gifted Gorgeousness

So after all the post-Christmas stress died down and things were supposed to get back to normal, I got a massive cold (don't worry, I took like three tests since this started, it's not the deaded C-virus!), so I still struggle getting caught up with everything. I also feel significantly less smart than I usually do, so if I'm not making much sense, this might be why! I shouldn't be complaining, though, got a full day of sleeping and stitching on the couch today! 

Still crafting, though, and still working on a ton of gifts that I am looking forward to show you! Once again, it's all yarn crafts (technically, Fans of the Far East, a gift for my grandma, and Bellatrix, a gift FROM my grandma, also count for this SAL, but I show those off enough already!). 

In December, after finishing grandma's shawl (you see she is the prime 'target' of my gift crafting) I picked up the yellow baby blanket that had been in time out for a while after some frog attacks, and this time, finished it up without any further issues.

Next, I started another baby jacket from my favourite BSJ pattern, I think this is my 8th or 9th jacket using the pattern. Again, I picked some nice 8 play sock yarn so it'll be easy to wash (and the colours make it a little more robust to stains too). I already knitted most of it, now I just need to close the shoulder seams and get the collar in:

And last but most certainly not least, I'm still working on the Ubuntu blanket, which was a gift for my birthday last year. I have now finished part 9 (of 12), working away on the border:




6 comments:

Carol said...

I'm so sorry you got such a terrible cold to start the new year, Leonore! Hopefully, you'll be back to 100% very soon. My husband had a horrid one before Christmas and it took him almost three weeks to feel better. Amazingly, I didn't get it!

Love the pretty yellow blanket and the baby jacket is a perfect combination of colors to hide those inevitable stains :) Take care now ♥

Pamela said...

What pretty yarn crafts!

Anonymous said...

Hello Leonore.
Delicate and wonderful works.
The relationship between you and your grandma is lovely.

I hope you get well.🙋

Astrids dragon said...

I'm so sorry you were sick, but hopefully on the fast track to feeling better! The flu hit our house in December, no fun.
Your yellow blanket is lovely and that baby jacket has so many beautiful colours in it.

Tiffstitch said...

So glad the frog stayed away and you got a finish and some good progress towards finishes on the other 2! I still think you're magic being able to both knit and crochet.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Hope you are feeling better now! Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The little baby jacket is particularly pretty and very practical with that pattern.