Thursday 13 January 2022

The People Chose: Designers for 2022

In case you are wondering - yes, I am still reading through a backlog of blogs and checking in with SALs in the order they pop up and no, I am not entirely convinced that I will be caught up by the end of January, but that is alright, because I am having fun, I am making progress, and I will get there! Things have calmed down a lot around here, and I'm just enjoying the process.

That being said, of course I am still thinking about and finalizing my 2022 plans, and the January installment of Jo's wonderful all-purpose SAL ties in wonderfully with this, because the theme is 'Designers for 2022'.

Now I suppose there are a couple different ways to interpret this one. I don't have just one specific designer in mind for the year, like we did in...was it 2014? with the year of Teresa Wentzler, but I have a couple I want to stitch from more...or start stitching from at all! For instance, I just had my New Year's start (that I will be telling you about in more detail, don't worry), Bellatrix by Bella Filipina:

I've been falling love with his patterns more and more over the last years, and even got a couple more for Christmas, so it's high time I start stitching one! Really looking forward to working on her throughout the year, although I don't think she'll be a 2022 finish.

As for other designers, with how much I have been enjoying working on Fans of the Far East in 2021, I think I might need to start another Joan Elliott once this one is finished...other than that, I am still not really decided on what I'll do, and just take it as it comes!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Just looked up Bella Filipina... yes, so many lovely charts I can see why you want to stitch them all! Looking forward to your first Bellatrix post and seeing which other charts you received for Christmas. :)

diamondc said...

Leonore: It is a beautiful design, the colors are stunning.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. What a coincidence, have you read Stephanie's post for this topic? I'm saying no more!

Tiffstitch said...

That is a beautiful choice to start with and hope she's been treating you well. You do often seem to have a big Joan Elliot on the go, so that would be interesting to see too.