Sunday 29 March 2020

March WIPocalypse

Time for another WIPocalypse update! The world isn't the same this month as it was last month, but this SAL is, and it's good to have some constants in life (although I'm constantly late for these things, and now I am on time, sooo....). So, the question of the month is Have you ever adopted a piece from someone else or gave up a piece to someone else? Which piece and why? and I can honestly say, I have not and I'm not likely to. I'm a little strangely wired this way, I think I couldn't bear the thought that the stitching wasn't all mine. Although of course there are special circumstances (like a round robin thing, or finishing a project someone dear to me couldn't finish) that might very well over-write that wiring. As for giving up a project to someone else, I am not opposed to that...so if I'm ever about to bin something, I'll let you guys know! (and I'm assuming we're talking WIPs here. I have picked up unstarted kits/charts from friends several times before when they decided they were not going to stitch them, and vice versa, but that's different I guess).

Now stitching wise, this is the place were I get to talk about my The Loneliness of Autumn SAL I'm doing with Rachel. Here progress report for the month just went up here, and doesn't is look fantastic?

As for me, I have two milestones to celebrate this month - for once, I'm at 7094 stitches now, which means I have less than 10.000 stitches of 939 to go (9576, to be exact). Yay? xD That's 5.97% total, by the way. Also, and perhaps more excitingly, I reached the left edge of the design (although I still have some work to do on the lower half of pages 4, 5 and 6). So next month, I'll probably finish the first row of pages, and start on the right half of the second row.






It's a strange feeling...like it's going sooo slow and sooo quick at the same time! By the way, as Rachel has just reached her 30 hours, I do one length a day which averages to a little more time a month, so I'm at a total of 38:23h. So maybe not that quick after all!

6 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Leonore, great progress on The Loneliness of Autumn - wonderful title by the way.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous work this month. I love how the picture is starting to appear already.

Carol said...

Great idea to do one length of floss per day! I should try that approach some day :) And yes, it is good to have constants during this stressful time--so glad to read your posts, Leonore. Take good care ♥

Bethan said...

How did you calculate all the stitches? Do you then keep count as you stitch! Yay to not having much (relatively) left of the black to do!

Rachel said...

Hey, congrats on reaching the right hand side! Your 939 is definitely denser than my black. Good luck with April and starting the second row. :)

Susan said...

Congratulations. I am in awe of folks that do these pieces cross-country. I tried on a small piece but my brain just isn't wired to do it. Looking forward to seeing your progress on this one.