Saturday 21 March 2020

Lady Justice - Look at the size of that thing!

I've been quiet for a couple of days (although I still have plenty of stuff to post about!)...I think I let the crazyness of the current situation get me down for a bit, but I'm doing my best to not let myself go, not give into panic and despair, and be positive and stitching! I guess I'm just a little bummed out, it's my birthday today, and the fourth year in a row I can't really do anything for it. Maybe birthdays just aren't a thing for me anymore.

So anyways, I've been stitching, and since I was so excited to get on with her, I already finished the next ten hours on Lady Justice! It's been a few updates since you saw her, so here's a reminder of where we last left her:


Now during the new rotation, things moved pretty fast. First, I finished that part of bow on the right, which means I'm finally all done with the lower half of the chart (I made a working copy which is in two pages). Then, I moved on to her left hand, holding the sword! It's sparkly and huge but still stitched up very quickly. It also goes up almost to the top of her head, so we can really see her final dimensions now. Next, I stitched her belt (which leaves me with only one piece of blue floaty stuff left to do!) and made a start on her upper body, working up her right shoulder. So here she is now:






So in my next rotation, I will finish her upper body (no more green after that!) and make a start on her right arm with the scales and last bit of scarf. After that, it's just her head left to stitch! I'll also hit the hundred-hours-total mark during the next rotation (I'm at 95h now). I never though she'd take this long, but so far it hasn't been boring even for a moment :)

7 comments:

Pamela said...

Lady Justice is looking amazing! Birthdays should be celebrated for the month, not just the day! I've enjoyed birthday months for about half of my life now. One day is too little when you start getting older.

diamondc said...

Leonore: Happy Birthday, your Lady Liberty has such beautiful colors.
I look forward to seeing the progress.
Stay Healthy.

Catherine

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great progress, it's certainly coming to life

Carol said...

Well first of all, ♪♪♪ Happy Birthday, Leonore ♪♪♪ I remember that you and my oldest son share a birthday. His was not the greatest either as he is still in Texas with his wife as they mourn the death of her mother. They plan on driving (not flying) back to California on Wednesday. Such a crazy time in our lives... Stay safe and keep on making that beautiful lady grow ♥

Bethan said...

Wow you really have made a dent in her progress! Really great work :) I hope you are keeping well and managing not to stress too much. I spent the whole weekend avoiding the news and social media and it really made me feel much better. Still a little anxious but generally okay x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I think you need an official Birthday later in the year, like the Queen! You can share 23rd September with my son if you like? I'd remember the date!
Lady Justice is looking fabulous, she's growing well.

Rachel said...

Belated happy birthday wishes! Fingers crossed that 2021 will be a year to make up for the disappointment of the last four years.
I'm loving all the blue floatie things but am now eager to see the top half of Lady Justice take shape. Afterall, the top half is what her name is all about! :)