Saturday 14 March 2020

March Fully Finished Gallery

I'm a little late for this checkin, but still within a good margin I believe :) Although I can't show you anything exciting, I'm afraid, I do have something you don't know about yet!

But first, I will (again) show you my February bookmark. It's finished the same way that January was (spoiler: March will be a little different!), only with rounded sides, which made it a little more difficult, and actually the rounded edges came out a little pointier than I would have liked - still, I'm quite satisfied :)


My second finish (see Rachel, I'm meeting my quota!) was a little project I read about on Carol's blog. The idea was to stitch up a little chart, finish it up as a needle pillow - well actually, it's almost-finished - it's not stuffed and there's a little opening - and send it (along with a little note) to Australia, where they will be stuffed and distributed to people as a little cheer-me-up after the severe fires of February. I'm actually quite late to the game (and with the Corvid-pandamic happening right now, will be even later sending this out) but hope that it will still get so someone and bring them a little joy.


6 comments:

Pamela said...

Well done!
I'm so glad you were able to visit Japan last year. This year's Shizuoka Festival is cancelled, as everything else is.
Take care of yourself!

Kaisievic said...

A very sweet heart, sweetheart!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Another lovely bookmark. Well done on keeping up so far!
The flat pillow is a good idea, much cheaper for postage.

Carol said...

That's so great that you were able to stitch the cute heart pillow. Lovely color choices and I so hope all of our hearts will bring some smiles to the people of Australia! ♥

Astrids dragon said...

Lovely bookmark and what a sweet thing to make and send to Australia! for a gift.

Rachel said...

A very belated thank you for your contributions this month. Both are really sweet, especially with the story behind the little cushion. Looking forward to seeing two more next month! ;)