Wednesday 25 March 2020

March Boomark of the Month

After my latest rotation on LJ, I worked on the March Bookmark, and this one required a little planning on my part. It uses aida banding for the construction and was charted in some pretty greens, but careful inspection of my stash revealed that I only own two kinds of aida banding - red with gold, and dark blue. It's not Christmas yet, so I went with the blue, and picked colours to go with it - Jodyri's Winter Solstice (one of my favourites) as the main colour, and DMC 775 and Kreinik #4 018 (from LJ) to go with it. I really liked how it turned out! (It's almost the same colour as the blanket on my couch, so I had to take the picture on my journal):






Next up is another rotation on Lady. I had a slight change of plans and started working on her face...couldn't help myself!

6 comments:

diamondc said...

Leonore: That bookmark is lovely.

Stay Healthy
Catherine

Bethan said...

That is gorgeous x

Carol said...

Such pretty colors you chose for your new bookmark, Leonore! And I can't wait to see your lady's face appear :) Stay healthy now!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely bookmark. I was going to say it's nice to see a March design which isn't green shamrocks!

Rachel said...

This is so sweet and in gorgeous colours too. Looking forward to April's now! :)

Magical Mystery said...

It's beautiful! <3