Friday 27 March 2020

March Gifted Gorgeousness

For the past couple months, these posts have been a little bit boring...probably because I haven't made any fancy baby gifts lately and only had repeat pictures to show! Still, I have gifts to show, and being this late even allowed me to get one other picture in that isn't a repeat. But let's begin...

My main gift project is, of course, still Lady Justice. I've been making lots of progress on her (and will have another update to show soon) and even got to stitch something other than green and blue for a while, so I think getting her finished by the deadline shouldn't be an issue now (baring smaller desasters *knocks on wood*). Here she was the last time you saw her - looks pretty close already, eh?


I also stitched the bookmark of the month - I'm making these to have a nice collection of gifts to give away by Christmas, so it also qualifies for GG:


And last but not least, it was my birthday last week, and I invested some money I got in stitchy supplies that came in today from Casa Cenia! The linen (rightmost fabric), floss and beads are for a new start I'm allowing myself once LJ is done (I think you'll like it). The others are just stash enhancement - I was running low on my favourite white 32ct, and there was a 20% sale going on when I ordered, so why not take advantage on some fabric basics? I've wanted a nice light purple (it's a gorgeous lavender that of course totally messes up the colours of the whole picture) for ages, and platinum is always a good choice!


7 comments:

diamondc said...

Leonore: Lady Liberty is progressing well.
What a great idea to give book marks as gifts.
I am loving your new stash, it always makes one feel good to get goodies in the mail.
Stay Healthy

Catherine

Pamela said...

Nice birthday package! Lady Justice is coming along nicely.

Carol said...

I'm glad you treated yourself on your birthday, Leonore--looks like you got some great things :) Lovely stitching, as always!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Lady J is looking great and stash enhancement is always good.

Bethan said...

Happy belated birthday! Loving the progress on Lady Justice x

Rachel said...

It's always nice when we can treat ourselves to a little something above our actual requirements, and I'm so impressed there's not a chart in sight! Hopefully we'll get to see some of that lovely lilac fabric being used soon? :)

Astrids dragon said...

Your bookmark looks great, I like all the colours you chose.
Happy Belated Birthday, looks like you picked some great fabric!