Thursday 5 March 2020

February Bookmark & Temperature SAL

My last stitching rotation in February started with the February bookmark. Again, an interesting shape, but this time it was charted all in one colour, and that just begged for me to dive into my stash of hand dyeds! I wanted something not too variegated, so I settled on Wisteria by Fiberlicious, which is a gorgeous light violet and worked perfectly with all the vines in the backstitching. Here it is, finished after almost exactly 8 hours of stitching and finishing:


With only two more hours left on the rota, I want on to work on my Temperature SAL for the year. I've been asked what colour scheme I'm using, so here it is - it's basically the one Magical recommended with the pattern, but I adjusted the scale so that, according to last year's temperatures, I should to get to use (almost) all of them:

(all temperatures in °C):
< -4       : 333
-4 - -1.5 : 155
-1.5 - 1  : 156
1 - 3.5    : 800
3,5 - 6    : 809
6 - 8.5    : 798
8.5 - 11  : 909
11 - 13.5: 911
13.5 - 16: 813
16 - 18.5: 445
18.5 - 21: 444
21 - 23.5: 741
23.5 - 26: 946
26 - 28.5: 666
> 28.5    : 816

And here's February (well, minus the leap day actually, since I finished a day early and added that after taking the picture):


4 comments:

Pamela said...

Your bookmark is gorgeous! You know I like temperature projects - this one is very interesting.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a lovely bookmark and the thread is the perfect choice.
Nice work on the Temperature SAL too.

Rachel said...

A bit of blue-ish rotation! The subtle variegated thread you used for the bookmark is so pretty. Good to see the weather is occasionally warming up too; we need to see more sun now that spring is here. :)

Carol said...

Oh, that hand dyed thread you chose is just luscious, Leonore! Beautiful stitching and finish, too :) Hope March is going well for you!