Sunday 12 April 2020

The People's Choice SAL: Modern Samplers

This time for Jo's 'The People Chose' SAL, and this month the subject is 'Modern Samplers'. Now from what I've seen, there are different opinions on what is a sampler and what makes one 'modern', but going through my pictures, these are the one that struck me as fitting:

This Halloween sampler I stitched a couple of years ago (and it's still awaiting a finish-finish):


This band sampler - band sampler are usually a very traditional kind of sampler, but I think the colour gradient gives it a very modern feel! There actually are a couple more modern band samplers I have my eyes on, so maybe someday I'll have another one to show :)


This is a Bothy wedding Sampler I stitched for two good friends...can you believe it's almost been five years ago?


 And last, I think my 2019 Temperature stitch also is kind of a sampler?



I didn't think I'd find these many projects fitting this theme! But I'm very happy that I did, and I'm looking forward to next month.

9 comments:

Rachel said...

I think that's a good selection of modern samplers. I love the Halloween one, especially the eyeballs; they always make me smile whenever I see this piece! :)

Carol said...

Very nice images of modern samplers you've created, Leonore! I bet your friends loved their special wedding gift, too.

Hope you are having a good week--take good care now!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Lovely samplers, yes I think your temperature chart is a sampler, I enjoyed doing it and seeing all the colour changes.

Kaisievic said...

These are really great examples of Modern Samplers, Leonore. I especially love the Temperature SAL.

Bethan said...

Lots of great samplers - I love the band sampler. The colour gradient looks very effective x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. Love the Halloween Sampler. The Temperature SAL is definitely modern, our ancestors would not have been able to chart the temperatures so accurately.

Tiffstitch said...

Love these! I still need to get the Halloween one. I keep looking at it, but haven't purchased it yet.

Mini said...

I love the wedding sampler you made. The band sampler is nice too.Lovely colors on the temperature sampler. If i stitch a one, it will be just one color as it is always 30 deg C here unless i pick colors for amount of rain we see :).

Astrids dragon said...

All lovely samplers, but the Halloween one is my favourite!