Thursday 16 April 2020

Lady Justice - The Finish Line

So, I know you have seen Lady Justice a lot lately, and I sincerly hope you're not sick of her yet, because she'll pop up a couple more times in the upcoming days! But for now...wait, we have to do this the right way around. So, last time you saw her, I had just finished all the cross stitch, which had her looking pretty much complete already:






But of course, there's always some more prettiness to add! In this case, it was a little bit of backstitching and almost 500 beads before she looked like this:


And then she was all done! Here's a detailed shot of her head and scales because that's really where the majority of beads went to:





I'm absolutely thrilled with how she turned out! If anything, I'm a little bummed she only used three kinds of beads...I'll have to do one of Nora's really heavily beaded designs sometimes soon!

My final time on her was 123:14h, which is quite a bit more than I had estimated when I started her...but she's done, she's done in time, and I'm super happy and that's all that counts! As she didn't quite fill her ten hours rotation, I throw in 106 minutes of knitting to make it even.

Next up: Seeing her getting frames, and seeing me actually work on something else for once...

7 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Leonore, she is absolutely wonderful - you must by so chuffed to finally have her finished. Congratulations.

Pamela said...

Absolutely fabulous! Very well done.

Clare-Aimetu said...

She is beautiful, congratulations on a superb finish

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Woohoo, congratulations on the Happy Dance for Lady Justice! She looks amazing, the backstitch really does make a huge difference.
123 hours seems to be a reasonable amount of time for a larger Mirabilia.

Rachel said...

Yay on your beautiful finish! I have never stitched a Mirabilia but would agree that 500 beads seems a rather tame amount. I wonder if you're already looking at a new chart that has a lot more beads. ;)

Ayda Judith said...

Hermoso cuadro. Podrías compartir el gráfico?


Leonore Winterer said...

Thank you! It's a pattern by Mirabilia - Lady Justice.