Friday 10 April 2020

Lady Justice - It's Beading Time!

I don't know what it is...I'm working in home office now, so I'm technically sitting around all day, saving a lot of time, but it certainly doesn't feel like I have more time! In fact, it feels like I'm not getting anything done at all, which is why I'm so terribly behind with some things. I want to use the long Easter weekend to catch up, so pardon me if I happen to spam you with blog posts (and emails when I get to replying to all your comments!).

In any case, since I have been almost laser focused on her, I have another update on LJ (spoiler alert: it might not be the last for this weekend!). After stitching for eleven hours last time, I might have done just nine this time, but instead I did the full ten since that was *just* enough to get all the cross stitching done. Here she was before:


And here after - I added her right arm, the scales (although they don't look very scale-y without the beads and backstitch yet), and the last bit of shawl. I love how the lighting plays on the fabric with the darker and lighter teals!


So now it's time for the finishing touches - there's a minimal amount of backstitching, mostly on her hands, face, and sword, and three types/two colours of beads, mostly on her hair, scales, and filling in all the empty circles on her dress. I love beads, so this should be fun!

6 comments:

Pamela said...

Fantastic! She is gorgeous.

Bethan said...

Ooo this is very exciting! I know what you mean about WFH and still not having enough time! It's weird x

Carol said...

Wow! She is coming along so well, Leonore! When I first retired (well for almost two years after really!), I felt like you do now--you're home all day, but not getting much accomplished. With this pandemic lockdown, I'm feeling that way again... Oh, well, a bit accomplished on many things is better than nothing at all, right?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I can see why you wanted to continue with her, so close to the end now!

Astrids dragon said...

Wow, fantastic progress! She's coming along beautifully.

Rachel said...

Hey, that's a fantastic milestone to reach. I don't mind beading either but probably not in this quantity - it looks as if you have a few hundred to attach. Have fun! :)