Tuesday 14 April 2020

March Crafty Pies

Just two weeks into April, I'm finally getting March's pies up! To my surprise, my crafting hours aren't especially high this month...in fact, they turned out a little lower than usually. I'm not sure if I just spent too much time gaming and reading (but then, I didn't get as many books read as usually, too!) or if maybe I've just not been 'doing' as much with my time as I usually do. I also lost all my usual knitting time - presentations and meetings and train rides - so I've almost exlusivelly been stitching!



 


The one notable exception from the stitching-only rule is the Zigzag bag - and I don't even have something to show for it! You see, my best friend is not much of a needleworker (although she's one hell of an artist!), but sometimes we'll crochet together, and we had plans to start this bag when we visited her. We spent a morning with it together, and I spend some more time trying to figure things out, but somehow I'm just not very happy with this start! I kept misscounting and the foundation didn't turn out as even as I would have liked...so even with almost four hours in, I'll just have to start over from scratch I guess (for the third time now). But I can't wait to show you some progress once I get to it!

The other new 'thing' on my list the the Mini Mystery SAL - my friend Magical is hosting a little SAL for the time of the lockdown, in which she releases a little bit (about 20 to 30 stitches) every day. Each iteration of the SAL takes two weeks, and here is my progress after finishing the first and starting the second one: 





Apart from that, you can see that I've mostly worked on my usual SALs, and also got a ton of work done on Lady Justice - more on her in my next post...

4 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Leonore, great looking pies, my dear.

Pamela said...

I look forward to seeing Lady Justice.

Tiffstitch said...

Sorry to hear about the issues with the crochet bag, and love the mystery SAL!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Woohoo for the pie! Lots of lovely stitching time. I'm also finding the time just slips away for no reason.
The new Magical SAL looks nice, she does those little geometric motifs really well.