Thursday 23 April 2020

April Gifted Gorgeousness

It's high time to show you all my gift- and gifted projects for April for this my favourite SAL of Jo's doing - the Gifted Gorgeousness!

As usual, this is mostly a repetition of pictures you've already seen earlier in the month (I really need to get some new knitting and crochet gifts on the way to change that!), but I hope you'll still enjoy it :)

The center piece this month is, of course, my Lady Justice, a present for my mum's 60th birthday. As things stand, I have no idea when I will be able to give it to her (and after putting in all this time I really want to see her face when I do, so no sending sneaky pictures on ahead - my concience is clear as I haven't gotten her presents for my birthday on March 21st yet either hahaha) but she's ready for when that day will come.



I almost forgot, but the next picture actually is a new one on this blog! It'll get a post of it's own soon (I decided to lump my three monthly SALs, the Bookmark, Blackwork, and Temperature, into one rotation, which I'll be posting about at the end of the month, even though I stitch them as they come out), but here is a little preview, of sorts - the April Bookmark, which was supposed to look like foliage, but the shape just screamed 'Fireworks!' at me so I chose the colours accordingly!


8 comments:

diamondc said...

Leonore: Lady Justice is beautiful, I would also like to see the look on your Mothers face.
The book mark is so pretty, I too would use the colors you chose they do look like fireworks.
Stay Healthy

Catherine

Needles Everywhere said...

Beautiful

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Lady Justice is stunning!
The bookmark looks good too, but I wonder how it would stand up to use? Unless you will mount it on card?

Pamela said...

Your mother will love it!

Carol said...

I bet you can't wait to see your mom's face when she opens your beautifully stitched gift! Hoping your gift exchange happens very soon :)

Bethan said...

Oh wow! Lady Justice looks great - yay to finishing! I agree that you definitely need to see your mum's face - good luck resisting the urge to send her sneak peeks! Lovely fireworks too x

Susan said...

Congratulations on finishing Lady Justice. That frame is perfect for it. I really like your bookmark. I agree fireworks, not leaves. :-)

Astrids dragon said...

Oh yes, it certainly looks like fireworks to me! I really like the red and blue together.