Wednesday 10 January 2024

The People Chose: Designers for 2024

Hello and welcome to the (sadly) last installment of Jo's wonderfully versatile all-purpose SAL - but I can understand she's putting this one on pause for now, it's been going for a long time and she's put a lot of work into it! This months topic is actually kind of a repeat, or let's call it a tradition, as it's been the January-theme for quite some years now - Designers for 2024! (well obviously, it's been the respectie year each January...you know what I mean.)

At this point I want to take a quick moment to link back to my 2023 designer post and the grand full coverage goals I set myself back then...let's just say, those goals went out the window pretty fast. At least I put some stitches into all three designs mentioned here, and made progress on Possibilities and The Loneliness of Autumn, so the only one of these 'true' full coverage pieces I didn't touch was Dark Forces. That's something, I guess!

This year, I will be setting my eyes on much smaller designs...my Designer for 2024 is Little House Needleworks! So far, I have stitched two designs by this designer, both from their Little Sheep Virtue series:



And with any luck, by the end of the year there will be twelve, as I stitch up the remaining motifs in the series! 

LHN has been a staple for cross stitchers for many years, and they have tons of cute, easy to stitch designs. They often do series of charts and who can resist a good series? I have no immediate plans to stitch another one, but let's just say I'm also not looking too closely until my sheep are all stitched up...

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Both of these are very cute! I like the idea of small pieces and sets that go together!

Rachel said...

The sheep are very cute and, you're right, who doesn't love a series! Good luck with stitching them all up this year.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I'm thinking of keeping the January post just for fun!
I do like LHN but haven't committed to a series from them!

Toki said...

I just started stitching so I didn't know what kind of designers there are.
That's why I'm so jealous that I have a favorite designer. If I keep going, will I be able to meet my favorite designer?