Monday 1 January 2024

Q4 Stitching Stats (2023)

Happy New Year, stitchy and bloggy friends! I hope it found you all well and in high spirits. I for one have had a very good first day, and won't jinx it by making any predictions about the other 365, haha!

Let's start off this new year on a high and rare note, by posting something in a timely manner. And that something is my last stitching stats for 2023.

The last quarter of 2023 was pretty busy for me, but I tried to fit in as much crafting as possible! I worked on a total of 21 projects, 12 of which are now finished. Not bad at all! I pretty much hit my goal numbers on TLoA, and didn't do too badly on Spirit of Volcano too.


As for distribution of crafts, I'm staying true to my trend this year - about half cross stitch, half yarn crafts (and a couple others, some time was spent finishing the Christmas ornaments, and that two hours of 'others' was the Bascetta stars).


As for stitch counts, October was my third strongest month of the year, but November was pretty good too! December is lagging behind a bit, but that was to be expected. In total I am down to 64k from 2022's 95k, but considering that I was working full time again and did a lot of other crafts too, I am quite okay with that. 


I'm also attaching my craft distribution for the whole year (no surprises there) and my project pie, including times for the top 5. Despite not quite hitting my goals on The Loneliness of Autumn, it still say a good amount of stitching! 

 



What do you say, do we continue these quaterly stats for another year? I'm doing a stashdown challenge with some knitting friends so will additionally keep track of any yarn going in and out of my stash, so that might be another interesting thing to look at...


6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

I'm always amazed at everyone's charts, so interesting to see. I don't count my stitches or time but this year I am noting what I have I stitch on each day.

Pamela said...

I always find it interesting to see your statistics. I have no desire to track my own stitching, but I am amazed with your detailed statistics.

diamondc said...

Leonore: I wish I had kept graphs like you do.

Catherine

Rachel said...

You know I love stats, so I'm happy to keep reading them!
As a sole cross-stitcher, I can't imagine dividing my time between hobbies but do love how you are successful in all of yours (still thinking of that adorable reindeer!) Obviously I'm pleased cross-stitching comes out on top and am now looking forward to what you have in store for 2024, across all your hobbies.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's so much fun to see these graphs for the year. You can see which projects you really got into this last year too.

Toki said...

Hi Leonore.
Happy New Year.🐉
Thank you for your continued support this year.
I've never done statistic on my work, but I'm a fan of your statistical graphs.😆