Saturday 13 January 2024

January Fully Finished Gallery

Welcome to the January installment of the Fully Finished Gallery, FFG for short, a SAL that Rachel has been hosting for 5 years now (can' believe it's been tha long already!) The goal is to post at least one fully finished object each month. This is one of my favourite SALs (as it motivates me to actually finish all that stuff in my box of shame), but also a bit of a personal nemesis as I regularly swoop in at the very last minute (Rachel keeps the checkin open for 10 days, starting from the 10th of the month). I always swear to do better but we all know it'll never stick!

This month though, I am coming prepared! The following object was finished on December 24th, so well after the last checkin, and I haven't shown it to you yet so I declare that it counts! This is Penguin Greetings, from the 2021 Just CrossStitch Ornament Issue, and designed by Tangled Threads and Things. 


Here you can see him, freshly finished! He was designed to hold up to chains of letter beads, spelling out 'Merry Cristmas', but since I didn't have any of those and wanted to finish from stash, I gave him some charms to proudly show off instead. Although these candy canes caused some confusion, no one could tell what they were!

He is the last of my ornaments for 2023, and was a gift for Felix' grandma. From next month forward, I am hoping to show my finishes from the smalls SAL in this spot, in finish-finished versions, of course. Fingers crossed!

8 comments:

Pamela said...

This is very cute! I appreciate using what you have. What you had is perfect!

Clare-Aimetu said...

He's so cute, happy stitching in 2024

Rachel said...

Thank you for your FFG entry this month (and so early too!!).
He's a wonderfully happy penguin and I do like that he's holding up charms from your stash. I hope he was well received.

Gwen said...

Your penguin is very cute. Here's to all of us posting more (and on time) in 2024! :-)

Carol said...

Aww... such a cutie! I like your idea of replacing the little letters with charms! Funny about the candy canes :) Looking forward to seeing your future finishes, Leonore! Enjoy your weekend ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

He's adorable! I love the little charms he is holding up too.

Tiffstitch said...

So cute! Great way to finish it as well.

Toki said...

He seems to be very proud because he has a cute charm on his chest.🐧