Monday 3 July 2023

June WIPocalypse

Can you believe half the year is already over? I sure can't, and yet the calendar says it is so! It's time to look at our goals for the year, reevaluate and possibly readjust. We'll see. Officially, the question of the month is Half-year recap:  How are you doing with your goals so far this year?

Honestly, I have to say I am pretty content. I haven't been sticking strictly to plan, but did manage to get my number of WIPs down a bit - I'm currently down to 44, which is the lowest I've seen in a while, with a couple more on track to be done soon and no big urges to start stuff, so that's great! I also set myself a goal to work on my BAPs more this year, and that is kind of working - I've had page finishes on Sacrifice, Possibilities and The Puppeteer, so the only ones who have not seen light of day yet are Kitsune and Dark Forces. I'm sure I can fit them in somewhere in the second half. Of course, Puppeteer still needs some more love to hit the actual goal, that is a page finish, but I'm getting there.

My other BAP, that I'm posting progress on each month, is The Loneliness of Autumn, a perpetual SAL with Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher. This month I added two colours to it - 921 and 730. Both of them were spread all over, so I didn't get quite was many stitches done, despite catching up a bit from where I fell behind in March - I added a total of 1,769 stitches and made it to a total progress of 74.16% or 88,103 stitches done. 

By the looks of it, the next couple colours - while not very exciting, shadewise - won't be quite as spread out, so I'm looking forward to stitching more than one length without moving the hoop again!

For the one-a-day focus challenge of WIPocalypse, I've been working on my Meadow Tablecloth in June, and will continue to do so in July. My goal was to finish one side of the square, and I feel short a little, still having to do the corner. But I'm getting so close (two of the corner pieces and just one of all the other motifs left to go now!) that I don't care much, as I know I WILL get this one done soon.



1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You’re doing great with your goals, especially those page finishes.
Autumn is looking lovely too.