Saturday 29 July 2023

Daisy - Finished!

Miss Daisy had a hold on me and didn't let go until I finished her...so there was very little other stitching this month, but that's okay! I might not be good at sticking to goals lately, but I am quite good at finishing stuff, and I'm okay with that.

As predicted, the next ten hours of stitching finished off the cross stitch. Of course then I could not resist starting the back stitch, and then I just kept going and at 33:44h, I got a finish!

 Princess Daisy
charted by Make it Pink
33:44h total

I am very happy with how she turned out, and extremely happy with this light, intricate stained glass look obtained by putting the backstitch (often long stitch) on top of the cross stitch. I'm also very hyped to get working on another pf Ashley's Designs...I have a Halloween WIP that's not too far off a finish...mayyyybe? We'll see!

5 comments:

Pamela said...

Great finish! Well done!

Carol said...

This is darling, Leonore! Love the shades of blue in the pretty stained glass window, too. A really nice finish. Happy August to you in two days ♥

Toki said...

Congratulations on completion Miss Daisy.
The stained glass and roses are also beautiful, and the daisy looks even better.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Princess Daisy looks great! I do like the stained glass style, I did a couple of pieces many years ago. Stitched that is, not actual glass!

Astrids dragon said...

I'm not sure who she is, but she turned out beautifully!