Friday 4 August 2023

July WIPocalypse

Welcome back to WIPocalypse - it is now August, which is hard to believe, because I really don't know where July went! This month was so busy (very fun, but busy), it really was over in a flash. Now I'm hoping for an August that is a a little quieter...but frankly, I don't see it yet!

After finishing Daisy mid-July, my stitchy bug has gone awol for a bit. So while I did make some nice progress knitting and crocheting (I have a couple posts lined up about that, but my blogging bug also seems to be missing), I did not meet my stitch goals on The Loneliness of Autumn or The Meadow Tablecloth. I did make some progress on both and am sure I'll catch up sooner or later, so that's alright. I always get back into it, eventually, so I'm not worried. So before I show you how much I *did* get done, the question of the month is Which are your favorite and least favorite fabrics to stitch on? and that's an easy one to answer - my absolute favourite is 32ct Murano. I don't have a *least* favourite per se, but I don't enjoy 14ct aida and anything bigger than that as much. I'll still use it though, it's all a question of the type of project you're making! On the question of linen - I don't mind it, but it's not usually my first choice if I pick out fabric myself.

So, what have we got in August? On TLoA, which I am SALin with Rachel (although I think we can barely call it a SAL anymore at this point, with either of us constantly being behind, but I still will!), I added most of the next colour, a rather boring 3860. I still have 252 stitches left to go, and then we move on to 523, which isn't all that much more exciting, but alright, it's going to get done anyways.

I added a total of just 697 stitches since my last post, so there wasn't much progress - 74.75% and 88800/118800 stitches done. Exactly 30k stitches left do do, which is still more than 15 *good* stitching months on this, and yet it feels so close!

July was also a one-a-day challenge on WIPocalypse, and while I managed more than the required 30 stitches on my chosen Meadow Tablecloth, I certainly didn't work on it every day. I finished the corner block on the third side, the single ladybug on the last side, and made a start on the snail. I wanted this to get finished, and it didn't, but looking at it, and how little there is still left to do, I'm still optimistic it will be a finish this year!

Last night, I had a small start that I need to get done for an exchange, and I hope that might revive my stitching bug a little. If it does, I'll aim to get caught up on the TLoA and finish the Meadow Tablecloth first, and then I got a page finish on Dark Forces calling my name, but we are getting ahead of ourselves...exchange first, and we'll see. In the meanwhile I'm making progress on some crochet projects, which is also nice, so I am not complaining!



5 comments:

Pamela said...

I really like both of these projects and will look forward to your continued progress.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I’m with you on the 32 count Murano! Nice to see any progress on Autumn too, every stitch counts.
A small is a great way to restart a stalled Stitchy bug too.

Carol said...

Sometimes we all need a small finish to restart our stitching mojo :)

Love seeing your progress on both of these larger projects, Leonore. I have no doubt that you'll be able to finish the tablecloth this year! Enjoy your week ♥

Toki said...

The tablecloth is so cute.😄
It would be nice if you proceeded according to the schedule in your heard and completed it within the year.

Astrids dragon said...

Every stitch counts and Autumn is looking good!
Your Meadow Tablecloth is looking so pretty.