Wednesday 5 April 2023

March WIPocalypse

 So...I have a confession to make. Wait, that sounds way to negative - I just have to tell you that in March, I lost my stitchy bug a little bit. It might have been one of the challenges I signed up for (a daily bracket in which I pitches my projects against each other, and even though I only had five projects selected for it, the daily swapping soon drove my crazy), but mostly I think there was just a lot of other stuff going on. So I ended up doing a decent amount of knitting and crochet, but not much stitching at all, and that means I did not hit my goals for the month. I'm a little bummed, but trying to be okay with it, so instead of putting this off even longer, I'll just show you what I *did* achieve on my WIPocalpyse goals. And hoping that April will go better :) 

First of all, though - the question of the month - Tell us about your favourite place to buy cross stitch supplies. I didn't really have any new discoveries since the last time the question came up. Only I've not been buying any hand dyed fabrics from my usual, favourite dealers recently, because they are all UK based and since Brexit, they have to pay import taxes when getting fabric from Zweigart in Germany, and then I have to pay the fees again when buying the dyed fabrics. It's a dilemma that's really annoying me but for now, I got some pretty fabrics in stash to use. For 'regular' supplies, I will mostly rely on stickstoff.eu und stickteufelchen.de, two German stores I've only had good experiences with so far (again, Lakeside, no longer a viable option, cost wise...)

So, stitching. As every month, I was working on The Loneliness of Autumn, which I am SALing with Rachel, and she's been working on it as well this month!! after taking a break for a while. Of course now that she's back, I'm slacking off...so maybe only one of us can be on track here at a time? I hope not!

So in March, I finished the 920, and then made a start on 471 which was quite exciting, actually - a nice, bright, spring green was something this project was lacking so far, and I had fun stitching it. I just didn't get all that far, and a total of 846 stitches in this month, which is about half of my usual number.

This brings me to a new total of 82812/118800 stitches or 69.71% progress. A bit over 200 stitches left on the 471 and I believe next up is 911, another green but more on the dark side. Maybe I'll get that done in April? Hopefully so!


March was also the first one-a-day challenge month of WIPocalypse, and I forgot to tell you which project I was using for that last month. It's an old, nameless WIP that I have dupped 'Meadow Tablecloth', that is currently one of my oldest WIPs and I want to use these challenges to finish it this year! The goal was one lenght a day, but also finish one of the four sides, which, as you can see, I fell jsut short of, adding just 791 stitches last Month.

For April, I'd love to make up for what I missed in March, and then some, but since my stitchy bug is still in a delicate position, I don't want to push it, and will rather work on what I want to, rather than push myself to meet this goals. I know from experience that I'll get caught up eventually. What I do know is that I have a couple of blog posts to catch up on, both to read and to write, and I'll give those a good push over the upcoming Easter weekend - fingers crossed!


4 comments:

Pamela said...

The Loneliness is beautiful. And the tablecloth definitely makes me smile.

diamondc said...

Hi Leonore: The Bench scene is beautiful, the tablecloth is also beautiful, I sometimes have a slump in stitching but do bounce back.

Catherine

Toki said...

Hi Leonore.
Does“Autumn Solitude”have the same embroidery as Rachel’s?
Are you working on the same thing at the same time?
Cute snails and ladybugs.🐌🐞

Toki

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I agree, work on what you want! Nice progress on Autumn too.

How does it work if an English friend sends the fabric to you as a gift? Does that still attract a customs charge?