Monday 10 April 2023

April Fully Finished Gallery

It's the 10th of the month, and as such, our dear Rachel (the Ten Hour Stitcher) is hosting the Fully Finished Gallery SAL! And for once, I actually got something prepared and am ready to post. You've already seen a couple of these over the years, but in March, I finally stitched up (and finished!) the last of the 2015 Ornaments of the Month by Galdra Stafir (only took me eight years!). Meet Blue Circonia, one of the December birth stones:


Now that the set is all done, I took the opportunity of the nice weather over the weekend to decorate a tree and take pictures outside:

Then I took them down and brought them inside, and to answer the question that I'm sure everyone had (but none dared ask ;) ) - why there is a second loop at the bottom of the ornaments. It's so I can sling them all together and make a (not so little) garland that is now decorating my living room window!

By the way - someone keeps commenting about the tulips in my Easter Blog Hop post. Sadly, they are anonymous so I can't email them directly, so maybe I can reach them here - it was an older kit by Vervaco, so I don't know the designer, but maybe that'll help you find it!

8 comments:

Pamela said...

Beautiful ornaments! They look great all together.

diamondc said...

Hello Leonore: I like the ornaments and to have them around in your home is a grand idea, you can see and appreciate them everyday.

Catherine

Toki said...

A real tree beautifully decorated on a sunny day. Multiple uses for ornaments.
I like your creativity.🙋

Carol said...

Wow! That is so beautiful, Leonore--and, of course, I love the color! You've created so many of these little ornaments and I love both the tree outside and the garland inside. You are very creative :) Hope your week is off to a nice start ♥

Sheryl said...

Your blue circonia is very pretty, such a vibrant colour and I love the way you have hung the other ornaments all together - might copy that idea :-)

Suzanne H said...

I've hopped over from the Fully Finished Gallery. What a wonderful finish and a great idea to make the garland so you can enjoy them all year!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh my goodness, you are a genius! What a clever way to display your ornament collection, I love them all.

Astrids dragon said...

I love how they all turned out and especially like how you added the bottom loop to make them into a garland!