Thursday 24 February 2022

February Gifted Gorgeousness

My crochet bug is in full swing this month, which is doing wonders for my gift projects (on the flip side, I'm not doing a ton of stitching, but something has to give, right?!), so for the February edition of Jo's very special gift SAL this month it's all crochet (and a teensy bit of knitting)!

Let's start with that, actually - remember the baby jacket I showed last month, and said I only needed to close the shoulder seams, knit up the collar, and attach buttons? Call me the master procrastinator, because from this short list, I only managed the shoulders (and I think I'll need to redo them because now the 'wrong' side is outside...oh boy.).

Instead, I started working on a shawl for the big sister of the baby who this jacket is for. I had this really pretty yarn in my stash, but only the one cake and it just wasn't enough to do a proper shawl for myself, but it makes a great shawl for a five year old! Also, I got to try out a pattern I wanted to do for ages - it's the Talvi by MorbenDesign. Some people have made tons of these and I never really understood why as it looked a little...boring, to be honest. But it's actually really addictive, and brings the colours or in an amazing way! I'll be making a big version of this some time for sure.

And then there was some progress on a little fox I started last year...I had the head and one ear done and made a start on the body; now I finished the body, added the second ear and the tail, and made a start on his arms and legs - yes, all of them! Hopefully, this and the jacket will be finished in March:

But actually, I might not be able to because what I really, REALLY want to finish (by my next birthday on March 21st, to be exact) is the Ubuntu blanket! The yarn was a present for my last birthday, and I just finished part 10 of 12 a couple of days ago:

 Not much more to go, so I think I can get it done - wish me luck!

4 comments:

Carol said...

That is so sweet of you to make a gift for the big sister as well--the older siblings are often left out. Beautiful gifts! And another birthday approaches--my oldest son will be 40 on the same day--now that makes ME feel very old indeed :) Enjoy your week ♥

BeingBored89 said...

I love all your crochet projects! The fox will be very cute once it's done. I tried to learn how to crochet around the same time I learned how to cross stitch and it just didn't work for me. Maybe I'll give it another chance some time!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month with all your gorgeous yarn work! Such lovely colours.

Astrids dragon said...

Beautiful colours, I hope fixing the jacket isn't too much of a pain!
I can't wait to see the fox come together, it looks like it's going to be cute.
The blanket looks pretty so far, hopefully a quick finish.