Thursday 17 February 2022

January WIPocalypse

So, I hear you ask, what's up with that - more than halfway through February, and no WIPocalypse yet? Well, there is a perfectly good excuse reason for that, but we'll get to that a little bit later. First, there is the question of last month to deal with - Describe your stitching style – are you a one-at-a-time stitcher? Do you stitch on rotation? Are you a chaos wrangler? Are you comfortable in your current stitching style, or are you still searching for that stitching zen? I think I'm somewhere between rotation and chaos. Definitely not one-at-a-time! I try to work my projects in ten hour increments, with one being in focus and getting every other slots, but most of the time - right now is a prime example - things keep happening, and deadlines and SALs sneak up on me, and it gets a little chaotic. I feel more comfortable in the less chaotic phases, so I'm trying to get there again, but I don't think I'll ever strictly stick to rotation either - I'm a bit of a free spirit there, hah!

So, confession time. Usually this is the point where I show you my monthly progress on The Loneliness of Autumn, which I am SALing with Rachel (who is all caught up again after falling a little behind last year, so big shout out to her!), but it looks like...now I'm the one falling behind a bit. You see, I'm a bit of a slump with this one. I discovered that the next five colours - and judging by stitches, that's at least half a year of stitching there - are still rather dark and drab, and my current colour (869, a medium brown) is so spread out I rarely get to stitch more than five stitches without dragging it along the back, and then there was a bit of a frogging accident and I completely lost my mojo. I kept putting this post off, thinking I'd get caught up soon, but I just don't think it's happening this month.I'm not too concerned, I know I will get back to it, but for now it feels a little like defeat to show you this - TLoA, where it was supposed to be January 13th (and still is!):

At least I put a little more work into taking this picture, so it's something I guess? XD As you might see (or maybe not), I finished 154, the colour I was working on last time, and made a start on the 869. Of the 2006 stitches, I still have 1671 to go after finishing the first row of pages. Total numbers are 55,394 stitches or 46.63% done. 

There are a couple of things I want to finish at the moment, but after that I'll try to get back into this. Slowly, maybe a length or two at a time, so it might take a while to actually get caught up, but I promise I'm not giving up!


2 comments:

Susan said...

I, like you, am somewhere between rotation and chaos (when I do stitch). I fully understand that wall you hit on a piece. Maybe when things start greening up outside, the dark colors on this won't seem so bad.

Rachel said...

I can definitely forgive you for taking a break. My breaks did me good and once I started stitching on it again my enthusiasm doubled. Hopefully the same will happen to you. In the meantime enjoy concentrating on those things which have more important deadlines, don't worry about this, and just return to it when you're ready. :)