Friday 11 February 2022

Fans of the Far East - 15th and 16th rotation

I wonder if I will ever get caught up with stuff around here this year...I'm tired of apologizing and making excuses, so I won't, and will just keep doing me best to get everything up! So in an effort to expedite things a little, I'm going to summarize my latest two rotations on Fans of the Far East. So first, I worked on back stitch for another ten hour. Which was enough to finish the middle fan, and aaaaall of that lower border.


And then things got really exciting, because it was back to cross stitching the right fan, and that gap was filling in really fast...I ended up cheating a little and stitching for an extra hour after the ten, but suddenly, all the cross stitch was done:

I'm both super happy, and also a little sad - all that's left to do is back stitch now, and while it makes the piece pop a LOT, it's making me a little antsy to get finished already! 

I have almost a month so I'm sure I can do it, I just need to find that last bit of motivation...very possible that the next time you see this, it will be finished!

6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

There is no need to apologise, just enjoy your stitching whenever you can and whatever piece it is. Your fans are beautiful

diamondc said...

Leonore: It is a beautiful design; I am like you I get antsy wanting to get finished when so close to being done.
Nice progress.

Catherine

Pamela said...

This is so pretty!

Carol said...

Wow! Congratulations on finishing all of the cross stitch on this beauty, Leonore! That is so impressive and I can't wait to see it all backstitched. Enjoy your week ♥

Sheryl said...

Lovely work, what a pretty design.

Rachel said...

Congratulations on finishing the cross stitch part of this design. I often find listening to an audiobook whilst backstitching helps as I tend to get lost in the book and forget how long it's taking or how tedious it can be. Keep going, you can do it!! :)