Friday 18 February 2022

February Fully Finished Gallery

Every month, Rachel's wonderful SAL gives us a reason to not let those stitching-finishes lay around, but actually pick them up and do something with them! This month, I managed two finishes - one a very quick one that I prepared in January (in case I get into a tight spot again) and one was Felix' Valentines gift.

As I also used the second one in Jo's Secret Stitching Sweetheart blog hop, I had to wait a little to actually show it, but of course, it all turned into a very close call again - I had the stitching done in plenty of time, but again I ended up debating different ways of finishing it, until I pulled the perfect frame out of my stash on Sunday afternoon, and framed this just in the evening of the 13th! Goes to prove that even though Felix does most of my framing, I'm still, technically, able to do it myself, hah!

This is 'Balloon Bunnies' by CutePatternsByMaria, a freebie she published several years ago and that I had saved up for this kind of occasion! Aren't they cute? The frame was one I bought for a Mill Hill kit a while back, but it ended up being one size too small. Perfect for the bunnies, though!

The other finish is part of a freebie series by Durene Jones, of which I have previously finished two others:

Finished as a simple card (although I don't think I'll ever send them, I just keep them around for decorative purposes!).

One or hopefully two big framed finishes coming up for March...stay tuned!


6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Balloon Bunnies is so so cure, I've looked at doing Durene's season designs, beautiful.

Pamela said...

Very sweet finishes!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely frame for the cute bunnies!
I find the various link-up posts keep me posting regularly, even if I haven't reached my goals for the projects!

diamondc said...

Leonore: I think the bunnies are adorable and your frame is perfect, lovely Hello Winter stitch.
I hope all is well in your corner of the world.

Hugs
Catherine

Astrids dragon said...

Sweet bunnies and a nice framing job by you.
Hello Winter looks good, but I'm ready for Hello Spring!

Rachel said...

Thank you for linking up with February's FFG SAL. I love the bunnies! Maybe you don't need Felix to do any more framing for you now that you've so successfully done this one! Looking forward to March's FFG SAL; sounds like you've got some exciting pieces to share. :)