Thursday 1 July 2021

June WIPocalypse

 The check-in for WIPocalypse was last Sunday, but since it was a one-a-day focus month, I wanted to wait until the month was properly over to show my whole progress! This month, we're going to hold the stitching olympics, and I still haven't finalized my plans for those...I keep bouncing about ideas for the original challenges, or maybe thinking to make up my own. I have three more weeks to decide before the Olympics start, so you'll see what I settled on by the next check in, I guess!

The question of the month is Half-year recap:  How are you doing with your goals so far this year? and I have to say, I am fairly content. I've been keeping up with my monthly stitching on TLOA, I've kept up with the temperature SAL and made some progress on older SALs. The Sampler SAL is on hiatus because Magical is taking a break. There was some good progress on other projects too, I finished two big-ish gifts (Zoe and the Elephants) and even picked up my oldest WIP again! So yeah, not bad so far. Although realizing half the year is over is a bit of a shock, isn't it?!

Now for my June progress - last month on TLOA I was at 33.73%, and had just started with the 336, my 6th colour, with about 2.5k stitches to go:


 In June, I made great progress, but didn't quite manage to finish the colour. Only 364 stitches to go though, so I should finish that in a couple day and then it's onto colour number 7 - 2.7k stitches of 919.

New total is 42,270/118800 stitches at 35,58%! 

My second length-a-day project for June was the Puppeteer, where I am still aiming to finish the black this year.  At the beginning of the month I was at 53,123/112,000 stitches (or 47.43%) done and 8,828 stitches of black left to go.


 I put in one length of black (that's a little over 50 stitches) in there every day and nicely filled out the lower left corner:

New total is 54,792 stitches done (48,92%) and just 7,159 stitches of black left to go, which is still a good deal to go, but it's going done nicely!


2 comments:

Pamela said...

Great progress! I love TLOA.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

It looks like you made a decent amount of progress in June. I look forward to seeing next month's progress and how you decided to work in an Olympics challenge. Happy stitching! -Andrea