Tuesday 15 June 2021

June Gifted Gorgeousness

 Another month has passed, and it's time for my favourite SAL, Jo's Gifted Gorgeousness! Of course, this is my favourite partly because so many things I'm working on anyways fit in there, as I love making gifts. This months, I have three to show you, and one you have already seen - of course I am talking about my elephants, a birthday present for my best friend's mum, and finished in plenty of time, too:

Next up is my Ubuntu blanket. I was gifted the yarn to make this blanket for my birthday, and I'm on a mission to finish it by my next birthday! So far, I am a little behind schedule, but I did manage to finish part 2 - that is 13 rows on all of these diamonds:

 They are each about 50cm long at this point. But of course, I couldn't then resist to pick up one of them and add the four rows that make up part 3 (and also introduce the last colour, the main colour of the blanket that hasn't made an appearance so far): 

 That's the final size of the diamonds, and at 67cm in length perfect to gauge! Now let's see if I can repeat that five more times by the next checkin.

Now if you know me, you know I'm always working on some baby present too. The last couple times, I showed you a yellow blanket I was making, but alas, there has been a change in plans. The yellow blanket, while very sweet, is a rather small one, and the child it was intended for is almost a year old now - so I decided to make them another ragdoll instead, and finish the blanket later for a younger baby. So I got to start another animal - can you guess what it's going to be? Of course you could just check the name of the picture, but that would be cheating, wouldn't it? ;)






9 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

Great post for GG, your diamonds look great and I'm sure you will get them done

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Love those elephants! I'm guessing the toy is going to be an elephant too? Or a mouse. Depending on scale!

Pamela said...

The elephants are so sweet - a wonderful gift!

Elfie said...

Your elephants are amazing. They will be such a lovely gift. Great work on the blanket. It's coming along well. I'm not very good at guessing, but I'm hoping the animal is a rabbit. I have enjoyed my visit today

Carol said...

You certainly have a wide variety of gifts on the go, Leonore! I'm sure your best friend's mother will adore her elephants :) Hope you have a relaxing week ahead with lots of crafting time ♥

Sheryl said...

Great elephant design and the blanket looks very bright and pretty.

BeingBored89 said...

Everything looks lovely and the elephants are coming along great! I can't wait to see the finished product!

Astrids dragon said...

I adore your elephants, so very precious!
The blanket looks very colourful so far, I look forward to seeing it come together.
I'm not sure what critter you're making, but I'm sure it will be adorable!

Susan said...

I should have started here instead of finishing. Adorable finish on the elephants. Instead of comment on all the inbetweens and making lots of work for you - the amount of crafting you get done amazes me and it all looks wonderful. I especially love the penguin in the fridge picture