Saturday 10 July 2021

Fans of the Far East - 2nd Rotation

 Since I am really hopping to finish Fans of the Far East for my grandma's birthday, I've been keeping working on it all month so far. My current plan is to do 200 stitches everyday before I am allowed to touch any other stitching, and that has been working well. I might get tired of it sooner or later, but might as well get a good chunk done before I do, and so far, I am thoroughly enjoying myself. Here was the last picture I took, having just reached the left end of the upper border:

 

 

So this time around, I worked on the 'base' of the leftmost fan. I stitched the black frame and the dark blue pattern on the lower part of the fan, then outlined it with the flower pattern so I could see where the white needs to be filled in. I still need to finish the white, add the 'spokes' inside the black frame, and add the ribbon and tassels around the handle, so that's the plan for the next time I work on the fan.

 

For now, though, I am going back to working on the border, hoping to finish the left 'panel' - I'll try alternating ten hours on the border with ten hours on the actual fans to make sure I keep up with my border stitching!

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This seems to go quite quickly once you get to the fans.