Saturday 26 September 2020

Zoe Box - 50 hours

 For some reason or other (there are several reasons I think, but don't worry, nothing too dramatic, just very busy times!), I am having a terrible crafting month - not only have I not worked on a single one of my SALs this month, am behind on half of my blog posts, and didn't touch Dark Forces, I'm also ten days behind on The Loneliness of Autumn and only stitched one rotation on the Zoe box! I super hope that next month will be better, but I'm also trying to do a little catch up this weekend. So forgive me if for now, blog posts are sparse and far inbetween! I do have one update to post from the beginning of the month, when things were still going alright and I finished another ten hour rotation on the Zoe box, stitching up the long garland of leaves that runs along the outside of the lid:



This part repeated all the fun parts of part one, except for the critters and rice stitch, and it stitched up way more quickly! You'll see a lot more of these leaves too, once I start the next part - the top of the box. Next in the rotation (and what I am still currently working on) are two pieces for ornament exchanges, so I won't be able to show them right away once they are done, but hopefully sooner rather than later. 

4 comments:

Pamela said...

Japanese people are fond of saying “Japan has four seasons”. I really like this piece!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Those leaves are lovely! I am really enjoying seeing this box come together.

Susan said...

Ooooo, the color transition across the leaves is really pretty. This is going to be a stunning piece when finished.

Rachel said...

Wow, for a row of leaves they have been really well designed and look fantastic as their colours change through the seasons. This box is a tease, with you showing us first the outside, then the inside and now the leaves. It'll be really magical when you show everything together and then the assembly process. :)