Saturday 5 September 2020

August Crafty Pies

 August started off really well in terms of crafting time, but slowed down somewhat towards the end of the month, so I ended up with a just slightly-above-average total time on my crafting. Lots of stitching as usual, but also a fair slice of crochet and of course my newest addition, Paper Piecing! Also some beading when I was working on my beady cactus.

In terms of project, I had quite a bit of variety. Of course Zoe Box is leasing the field as usual, followed by my usual share of time on TLOA and Dark Forces. There's also my usual SALs, the Hyacinth, and some more time on Morning Meadow (which I just finished, so you'll see it again in a proper post soon). 


You've already seen my two Paper Piecing projects, the pincushion and the Sewing Machine Cover, so that leaves crochet: There is my little Horse Ragdoll of course (I used the German word for horse, 'Pferd', by accident when setting up the project, in case you're wondering), which I hope to finish for GG later this month, and the Kanata Kerchief Tank Top! Last time you saw it, it was just a bunch of squares, but I have since finished it into something that's actualy wearable and today for the first time since I finished it, it was warm enought to actually wear it:


I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and that I finally brought this yarn to some good use (I still have a little over two bally left, but I'm sure I'll find a project for these eventually. And if it takes another fifteen years or so!). It's the first time I made myself something to wear that actually needs some kind of fit since...well, forever, so I'm kind of proud of myself here.


5 comments:

Pamela said...

I’m amazed by all you can do in a month. I’m glad you are getting into epp!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice to see you keeping up with the hours on your pies.
Your new top is lovely, how nice to be able to wear something you've made. The Discworld is big enough to drape around me like a small shawl!

Carol said...

Oh, your little Kerchief Tank turned out so cute, Leonore--very pretty and fun for summer! Well done--you should be proud! Have a great week ahead ♥

FlashinScissors said...

Hi Leonore,
Sorry to have been a stranger. Love you crochet waistcoat! Well done!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Rachel said...

It never fails to amaze me how many different projects, and types of crafting, you work on in one month. Everything's amazing, and your top looks superb! Keep up the good work! :)