Friday 4 September 2020

August WIPocalypse

 After a super busy week at work, I am back to blogging...and stitching! I spent a whole 48 hours without doing a single stitch this week, can you believe it? That hasn't happen in forever, it was crazy. Next week is supposed to get busy too, but I hope it'll be more regular levels of busy compared to the crazy-busy this week.

So anyways, I owe you a WIPocalypse post, and here we go! The question of the month is about mystery SALs: Have you participated in any of the mystery SALs on Facebook (or other social media)? What do you think makes a successful mystery SAL? I, like many stitchers, like to know what I get myself into before starting a major project, but I still enjoy a good mystery and have stitched several, actually! Now my rule is to only commit to SALs when I know I really like the style of the designer, or if they show some nice teasers before starting. Also, most of the mysteries I have stitched were really small scale ones (I bought several bigger ones, but didn't start them before all the parts were out), so the risk was low as well. In fact, most of Magical's SAL that I have participated in are mysteries, and I never regret joining in those :) Here are a couple I've participated in and finished:



So now for my progress on The Loneliness of Autumn, my super-slow-paced SAL with Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher (You can find her monthly update on the project here). I'm giving you a before and after picture this month, or the difference will be hard to see as last month I had just finished the first colour:

This month I started the second colour, which is 3371, a very dark brown, so not much of a contrast to the cery dark blue that is 939! I was making great progress, though, got over 2k stitches in and that finished all the 3371 on pages 1-6, the whole top row of the pattern.

That brings me to a total of 19.064 stitches/16.05% complete and just under 9k stitches to go in this colour. I might not be able to start my third colour this year, but early next year should do the trick. I also hit another important mark his month: I passed a hundred hours working on this piece, for a total of 104:57h. So that means I'll spend about 600h before I'm done; I guess? Not sure I wanted to know that this exactly!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

Autumn is looking great and I love the biscournou!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I guess Magical makes it easier to commit to her SALs as they are always lovely!
Nice work on the very dark colours for your SAL project.

Rachel said...

I've never participated in any mystery SALs; so often the first couple of parts look interesting and then they lose their appeal. But you can't go wrong with a small biscornu or bookmark.
I can definitely see the difference in the density of the top row, and it's looking good! In the same way as with my black and blue, hopefully more a difference between you blue and brown will be noticeable once the actual autumnal colours are introduced. :)